People in your life don’t always make it easy when it comes to gift-giving. Whether…
All the Online Shopping Hacks You Need to Know
11 months ago
Looking for online shopping tips and tricks? Online shopping is becoming more and more prevalent, especially as companies and websites make it more convenient than ever to buy products with the simple click of a button. And everyone knows the first rule of online shopping is that you should never pay full price.
There are so many sales, membership programs, price trackers, and discount websites out there and there’s no reason you should ever pay full price for any products you buy. During this guide, we will discuss everything you need to know about online shopping offers and tricks, tips for buying online, and more.
Types of Online Shopping Hacks
What exactly are the different types of online shopping hacks out there? There are countless types of shopping life hacks, including:
- Finding sales. One of the most common shopping tips and tricks is simply finding sales. Companies and stores have online sales all the time, especially during holiday weekends like President’s Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Black Friday, and more. You just need to keep an eye out for these sales and you can end up saving big.
- Strategic shopping on low-traffic times. You can certainly shop whenever you want but keep in mind that promotions and sales usually drop between Wednesday and Friday, so try shopping during these low-traffic times to score the best deals.
- Discount websites. Try shopping on discount websites to find coupons, get cash back, get price alerts, do comparison shopping, and more.
Most Effective Shopping Hacks for 2021
Here are some of the best and most effective shopping tricks for 2021:
- Consolidate your deal emails. You probably already know that you should sign up for deal sites and newsletters in order to find savings, but you are much more likely to ignore these emails if you have too many and they’re cluttering up your email inbox. We recommend consolidating your deal emails by unsubscribing from any you’re not reading and bundling the rest into one simple-to-read inbox.
- Speak to customer service. Calling a customer service number can be difficult and time-consuming. Instead, use a website to figure out which phone number will take you to a real customer service rep rather than an automated robot. When you get to speak to a real customer service representative, you’ll be much more likely to get savings and deals.
- Sleep on your purchases. When constantly online shopping, it can be all too easy to make impulse purchases. That’s why we suggest taking a beat and stepping away from your screen after filling up your cart. When you take a day or two to step away, many websites will often send you a coupon or deal as an incentive to buy. It’s definitely worth the wait.
- Track deals or sales for products you want. Your email newsletters often inform you when one of your favorite brands is having a huge sale. But if you sign up for alerts or tracking with a discount website, you can track sales for specific products, styles, and sizes so you know exactly when to buy.
- Keep all of your passwords in one place. If you sign up for a lot of different discount and brand sites, you probably have a lot of different usernames and passwords to remember. There are password managing sites out there to help keep your passwords safe and secure, so you don’t have to reset your passwords every time you forget them.
- Pay attention to the day. Most companies and brands have discount codes and sales between Wednesday and Friday, so these are the best days to browse your favorite online shopping sites – especially if you don’t know exactly what you want. So avoid shopping online Saturday through Tuesday and stick to Wednesday through Friday to get the best bang for your buck.
- Automate your comparison shopping. If you’re considering buying a product that’s available at multiple different stores, you should use a discount website that offers comparison shopping before you make the purchase. These websites will help you considerably by comparing prices for the same products at multiple stores and informing you of any discount codes or coupons you can take advantage of.
- Learn the price history. Discount websites also often enable you to learn the price history of a product, so you know whether it’s best to buy now or wait until you can get a better deal. This price history will often tell you whether you should wait for a deal during a holiday weekend or some other sale the brand does throughout the year, like an end of season sale.
- Ask for a deal. Many online shopping websites have a chat feature where you can talk to a real customer service representative rather than a robot. If you’re considering whether or not you want to purchase a product, you should definitely let them know. They might be able to give you a promo code you can’t find elsewhere to save you money on your purchase.
- Sign up for all the emails. You can often get 10 to 25 percent off your purchase just for signing up for emails from a brand. Once you start receiving emails from the company, you can also get up-to-date information about sales and deals. This can help you save more money over the long term, especially if you time your shopping well. You should also create a separate email account just for promo emails to keep your own inbox from getting overwhelmed with deal emails.
- Sign up for all the loyalty programs too. In addition to promo emails, you can also sign up for loyalty programs. With loyalty programs, you typically earn rewards points for every dollar you spend which can be used on future deals, discounts, and perks. At the very least, you’ll likely receive a birthday gift or free shipping as a reward for your loyalty.
- Set up flight alerts. If you already have a trip planned, we recommend setting up price alerts through travel websites or other discount websites. These websites will send you an email when the flight prices drop, so you know whether or not you should buy now or wait till the next price drop. You can also check the price history for your flight, similar to the price history for other products, to see if you should buy the flight now or wait.
- Use discount gift cards. You can buy discounted gift cards on online gift card marketplaces. These websites have big selections of online and physical gift cards for every company, brand, and retailer you might want to purchase from. You can often buy these gift cards for as much as 20 to 30 percent off and use the gift cards on top of promo codes to save as much money as possible.
- Follow your favorite brands on social media. Most brands and companies today announce their sales, deals, and product launches on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok. Social media influencers often post promos or referral codes for whatever product or brand they’re promoting on YouTube, TikTok, or Instagram. You can follow these companies and influencers for updates and deals and even message them to ask about upcoming deals.
- Earn cash back or points. Most credit cards have rewards programs that allow you to save points to pay for large purchases like hotels and flights or earn cash back you can trade in for cash or statement credits. Discount websites also offer cash back for product purchases. Some credit cards have flat rates for rotating categories each quarter, while others have flat rates for specific categories like dining and travel.
- Get free shipping every time you shop. There are some discount websites out there that give you free shipping every time you shop, no matter where you’re online shopping. You can either get the products shipped right to your home or have them shipped to a store for pick-up. Store pick-up can be helpful if you’re purchasing accessories, shoes, or clothing that you need to try on first.
- Buy out of season. You can also save money on clothing, seasonal decor, and furniture if you buy them when they are out of season. For example, buy winter coats, seasonal decor like Christmas decorations, or furniture like barbecue grills during the post-holiday or after-season sales.
Price.com is the Ultimate Online Shopping Hack
The discount website Price.com allows you to use all these tips and tricks in one place – comparison shopping, see price alerts and the price history for products and brands, get cash back, find coupons and deals, and more.
If you want to learn more about online shopping hacks, look no further than Price.com. Feel free to reach out to Price.com to learn more about our services and online shopping tips.
Price.com, the all-in-one money savings platform, provides a free cross-platform experience for consumers that combines advanced comparison shopping, cashback, coupons, price history and price drop alerts. The Company’s patented, AI-powered matching algorithm enables real-time discovery of new, white label, used, local, refurbished, and rental products – taking comparison shopping to new heights. Price.com is available as a desktop and mobile website, browser extension, native app and chatbot.
The Company’s core team consists of industry-leading data scientists and data engineers. Price.com founder RJ Jain sold his previous company to Google where today it powers Google Test Labs. Previously, he held senior engineering roles at Sidecar (acquired by GM) and Zynga, and served as an in-house Entrepreneur in Residence at Foundation Capital.